Wednesday 14 July 2010

2 wasted days

You'd think a girl that has spent more than a week straight as a prisoner getting tortured 24/7 the entire time wouldn't think jury duty was such torture but I do.  I've said on many occasions here and in my personal life that I believe the concept of jury duty is one of the dumbest laws this country has.

After my most recent tour of "duty" that ended this afternoon, nothing has changed my mind.  Once again I avoided being put on a jury, a pattern that will continue each time they summon me to the court house.  I just spent two full days in jury duty but for at least the next 15 months.  I am automatically excused for one year and you can post pone a summons for three more months which I always do. 

I had it all planned what I'd say.  The case was a rape case involving a young defendant. My plan might sound strange coming from a woman and certainly a conservative woman but it won't be the first or last time an opinion of mine will seem like it's coming from a man. 

I sat through two days of watching one potential juror after another be questioned by the judge, and two lawyers.  Out of 80 people that were assigned to the court room, 77 were interviewed before a jury of 12 plus 2 alternates were seated.  I, thankfully was one of the three left sitting in the audience. I never got or had to say a word and I was dismissed at 3:20pm today.

But had I been questioned I would have told the truth.  And the truth is, I absolutely loathe prosecutors with a passion.  They think they're King Shit and know everything about everything.  The defendant is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty but the cock sucking prosecutors never see it that way, do they?

I first got an incredibly bad taste in my mouth with DAs and prosecutors during the first OJ Simpson trial.  Marsha Clark made me want to fucking vomit and so did the black bald headed prosecutor and the despicable pieces of shit from the LAPD.  Meanwhile, I idolized every move defense attorney Johnny Cochran made.

Unlike 99% of my fellow whites, I was 100% for OJ and 100% convinced the LAPD fabricated the so called evidence against him.  In fact almost all the evidence during the course of the trial was pretty much proven to be planted from the bloody glove on the side of OJ's house, to the large amounts of blood that mysteriously popped up everywhere weeks after the investigation to the phantom bloody socks at the foot of his bed that were nowhere to be seen in the first set of pictures of the bedroom. 

Did OJ kill those two slugs?  Maybe.  Probably.  But I could care less.  The LAPD was caught in too many lies, the prosecutors were absolutely sickening and far more reasonable doubt was cast than need be.  Had I been on the jury I would also have said not guilty.

And this leads me to the charge of rape.  It's a word far too many women throw around without regard.  And this is in no way directed at real, true rape victims.  But as we know, us women are sensitive creatures and very emotional.  How often do day after regrets turn into charges of rape?  I say very often.  And most importantly, how many men sit in prisons today falsely accused and convicted of this heinous act? My prediction is more than 50% of the convicted men in prison today are falsely accused.  And when in the hell are women ever brought up on subsequent charges of false accusations when the men ARE acquitted?  Never is the answer.

And what if by chance a man were to accuse a woman of rape?  They'd be laughed at and ridiculed beyond belief and the charges would never be brought to court.  Just another double standard.  I would have told the judge today that unless the prosecution had video evidence of the alleged rape I'd vote to acquit and that is the honest to God way I feel.  Just because some fucking whore spreads her legs and later regrets it doesn't mean it's rape.  And NO, she's not entitled to an abortion in my book.

So why do I seem like a female male chauvinist?  Because I'm sick of the double standard that any intelligent person knows exists.  Because I know women think with their hearts and not their heads.  If not for a woman's right to vote, we'd have virtually ZERO elected Democrats in this country.  The country would be in the black, abortion would be illegal as it should be, the US Supreme Court would consist of 9 Conservatives who'd protect the Constitution, gay marriage would never be legal, and Bill Clinton would be flipping hamburgers or pumping gas somewhere in Arkansas.

So obviously with my superior opinions, which are all right by the way, you can see that no judge would ever allow me to sit on a jury.  Which is A-OK in my book.  So instead of making a few hundred dollars in two days, I made 15!  WOW!!!!  I hope I don't spend it all in one spot.  Jury Duty, the most stupid and most insulting bullshit I've ever heard of in my life.  Thank God I'll never actually have to serve.

And since I thought I was posting this rant on my Dittoheads blog and just noticed otherwise when I went to hit "publish" I guess a few pics of celeb feet are in order. :P  By the way, Mistress Andrea is doing much better after two of the roughest weeks of her life. Currently she is resting comfortably on the couch watching TV and will be back at work on Thursday after missing 8 straight days.

Susan


Heather Graham


Jamie Chung

Selma Blair

Whitney Port

Britney Spears