Sunday 17 January 2010

Late night massage



Tonight Susan and I went for another massage around nine o' clock.  This is fast becoming our favorite thing to do.  She went for the 60 minute full body massage where they soak your feet in hot water and half the massage is in the chair and half on the table.  Tonight I chose the 60 minute Swedish - Deep tissue massage.

The place we go to is run by a bunch of Chinks that barely speak English but they are friendly and do a great job.  When I was diagnosed with MS, one of the things they told me to do is get regular massages to help keep my muscles loose. 

We both normally get our massage from women and tonight a woman did Susan but I got a man this time.  Susan told me after we left she was giggling during her whole massage because she thought I'd be pissed that a man was massaging me.  I was a little uneasy at first but I quickly learned that men have much stronger hands than women and this massage was great.  In fact I gave him a $10 tip.

He really did a great job on my feet.  Like most men, I'm sure he was fantasizing about sucking my toes and sniffing my feet the entire time but I didn't mind.  Who could blame him?  His name was Jimmy and I think I'll ask for him from now on.

The deep tissue massage is where they really work out tension knots and stress unlike the massage Susan got which is more of a relaxing massage.  As I was getting this massage tonight I was thinking about Nonsequitur and Joyce Marie and how those two hot heads who are always getting arrested would benefit from stress relief like this.  In fact, I'd recommend it to anyone, especially women with lupus and fibromyalgia who always have muscle pain.  It has even helped Susan with her headaches that she thought was a brain tumor. 

Andrea


Blog Archive