Wednesday 7 April 2010

Dick York vs. Dick Sargent


Hello,

So TVLand has been showing Bewitched a lot on recent months.  While I'm certainly not a child of the 60s, I have always loved this show.  If I were a witch like Sammantha Stevens, I would surely turn myself invisible so I could go around sniffing any woman's feet I wanted.  And I think I'd begin with Linsday Lohan.

But all the fantasy aside, one debate has raged for years over which Darren was better.  The original Darren, (Dick York) was on the first 5 or 6 seasons before leaving with back trouble.  He was replaced with another Dick, Dick Sargent.

I have to say that I've asked the big question to every Bewitched fan I know and to this day every single one of them says they liked York much better.  I'm going against the grain on this one and I say I like Dick Sargent MUCH better.  Yes, I know Sargent was the rectum rammer in real life but to me it was York who sounded like one on the show.

I HATED York's whiney voice.  Plus he was quite a bit shorter than Sargent and I'm not fond of short guys.  (Sorry Joyce, no offense towards your former hubby PeeWee Johnson).  In case you did not know, Joyce Marie married at an early age to a midget.  Anyway, I thought Dick Sargent was the better looking guy and the better actor, even though he apparently couldn't keep his dick out of other men's asses.

Just my two cents and I know I'm probably alone in this opinion.

Andrea